Facebook Like

Yahoo Messenger

0


It’s 9/11. Nobody needs to say more. Everybody knows what that means.
So what is one to do? There’s so much going to be said about it being 10 years later and, specifically how Muslims and Pakistani-Americans are faring and what they are thinking, etc. But even in that regard, it might be instructive to go back to some of the material in the emails I sent out during that day 10 years ago. So, here’s a taste: The day started with a call from my brother at 7:11am Pacific Standard Time, telling me to turn my television on.
The morning and a major part of the day were spent tracking down friends and family in the New York Metropolitan Area. Halfway through my morning, an Indian friend of mine who was on a project in NYC got in touch with me over Yahoo Messenger and requested me to call his dad in Delhi and reassure him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by ThemeShift | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Free Blogger Templates | Best Web Hosting